There was a different type of energy in the Energy Capital of the World this past week as it transformed into Super-Bowl-City-Patriots-Versus-Falcons SB51 with different events and parties and food and schmoozing all week! One could say this girl is exhausted… So much so, it’s embarrassingly accurate to say that I fell asleep during the most epic game of life. IN MY DEFENSE, because I have one unlike the Falcons (too soon??), when I fell asleep it was 28-3 so naturally I thought it would be a blowout. When I woke up, it was 28-20. I guess in a way, I got to see the best of it since Lady Gaga was really not all that and a bag of chips.
Whatever the case, I was definitely rooting for the Falcons similar to the rest of the world unless you are somehow associated with the cold small state of Massachusetts (yes, I’m looking right at you, my Harvard grad cousin and his sister…) Here’s my long list explaining exactly why:
- EVIL EMPIRE. Ca mon, Patriots blatantly cheated in the playoffs and had no remorse for their faulty af ways. I question their morals and Brady’s judgment. He cheated his way to be the GOAT when clearly he has some talent. Working to accomplish your dreams is supposed to be hard – trust me, I get it…. but I’m not trying to cheat my way to become an author. Wait…. is there such a way… Ok, no. See. No.
- This could easily be replaced with number one because it’s just as important: my best friend would probably never speak to me otherwise and possibly even social media harass me with old pictures and facebook statuses as well as ruin bachelor for me every week because I live that “wifi as TV” life.
- The Falcons were the major underdog and weren’t even supposed to be good this season. They worked SO hard! It’s sad to see someone that close to accomplishing their dreams and then the cheaters walk away with the grand prize. Whatever happened to the American DREAM!
- THE IRONY if the Falcons won! Remember that time their back-up QB, Matt Schaub, used to be the QB for the Texans? We got rid of him and then he comes to “play” the Super Bowl in HOUSTON in his old stadium and walked away with a ring. Some things are too good to be true. Maybe Schaub is bad luck bear for yall too?
- Then there are the stats that made the Falcons deserve this win: they’re more diverse on who scores with thirteen different players scoring a touchdown in the regular season unlike Patriots who are heavily dependent on 1 maybe 2 players, Matt Ryan had a considerably better season than Brady AND Falcons D is typically better than Patriots who also happened to play the weakest collection of opposing offenses this season “statistically” speaking that is…. Ya, whatever, I follow football…
- My sister had called the Falcons the “Hawks” and I would have loved to see her post something on social media when they won… Ya, she doesn’t follow football…
- Lastly, Patriots took Texans out the running… again….
Don’t worry Brady, no matter how I wanted the game to go, I’ll still help you hunt for your jersey. Which P.S. have we cleared Matt Ryan??
Shop The Look From the Weekend (as seen on Snap, Insta, FB, the others….)